We say Front Porch People instead of volunteers because volunteers can sound like people who randomly sign up and hopefully show up, while Front Porch People take ownership and take great pleasure in paving a way for others to see and experience Jesus. Front Porch People are the very heartbeat of our House here at Revive Christian Church!
front porch people are people who’ve been on the inside and experienced Jesus and are willing to open the door for others to be welcomed in
WHAT IS A FRONT PORCH PERSON?
Who we are: Front Porch People are people who take great pleasure in paving the way for others to experience Jesus.
What we do: Front Porch People see and serve the people they encounter through our House.
WHERE CAN I SERVE AS A FRONT PORCH PERSON?
We have a number of different amazing Front Porch Teams here at Revive Christian Church! We would love to invite you to join us in serving on one of them…
• Nursery + Preschool: Care for children ages 6 weeks through Pre-K while showing them how much Jesus loves them. Our Nursery + Preschool environments allow for parents to be fully present in a gathering knowing their child is in a safe and loving environment.
• Hospitality: Create an excellent and welcoming experience as we host our Front Porch People and Revive Christian Church Team. Hospitality sets the table and serves across our House.
• Front Porch: The first friendly faces to greet and serve guests as they’re arriving at Revive Christian Church. Create a welcoming environment for all guests to enter in by greeting, serving and connecting with everyone who comes through our doors each week.
• Revive Kids: Lead kids K - 5th grade to Jesus through weekly teachings, activities, and group discussions.
• Production: Responsible for audio and video production for each gathering and help to create a unique worship experience for guests.
• Operations: Serve the rooms of our House by fulfilling the logistical needs within each environment. Prepare an organized and distraction-free environment for all of our Front Porch People, ensuring that all other teams have the tools they need to serve guests with excellence. The Operations Team often moves chairs and furniture and is readily available to assist other Front Porch Teams as needed.
• Community Impact: Serves to connect our House with the city, and the city with the heartbeat of Jesus through projects and interactions with our partners.
• Worship: Uses music to help create a worshipful environment where we can shift our focus to God and lift up the name of Jesus.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I APPLY TO BECOME A FRONT PORCH PERSON?
After filling out our Refine Your Fit survey, your responses will be reviewed and processed, then, you will be placed on a Front Porch Team. Afterwards, you will hear from your specific Team Lead regarding details and training. Some teams will require a background check before training can be scheduled. When all of the necessary steps have been completed you will be scheduled to serve!
HOW OFTEN DO I SERVE?
Each Team operates on a specific rotation cycle. We want you to find your balance of serving and attending here at Revive Christian Church. You are also able to block out dates that you are unavailable to serve because of previous plans or travel.
WHEN SERVING, CAN I ALSO ATTEND THE GATHERING?
We want you to be fully present while serving and fully present while attending! So this means we prefer that you serve at a gathering and attend a gathering.
HOW DO I KNOW WHICH TEAM TO SERVE ON?
We want you to find a Front Porch Team that best suits your gifts and personality! Take a look at our Front Porch Teams above and see which one might suit you best.
For more information about becoming a Front Porch Person here at Revive Christian Church, send us a message here and someone from our Team will get back with you!