Dear Revive Family and Friends,
What unique days we’re living in. It’s hard to believe that we have already been away from physically gathering together for eight Sundays. We are looking forward to coming back together . . . a little bit at a time. In partnership with Bismarck Parks & Recreation District and our facility partners at the High Prairie Arts & Science Complex, we have determined to open our doors beginning Sunday, May 17th, for two services. We will be gathering at 9:00a + 10:30a. We will also continue offering a livestream during our 10:30a gathering.
We will be practicing social distancing the best we can. As you come through our doors, you can expect to be greeted with a smile. Our Front Porch Team can hardly wait to see you! Not all seating will be available, but of course families will be able to sit together. We will have directions for you concerning our communion and giving moments, as nothing will be passed or available to be freely taken from at this time.
We will also just simply be hosting corporate worship gatherings at this time. There will be no Revive Kids activities, and beverages + breakfast treats will not be available. Prayerfully, we will begin reinstating our regular ministry activities and fellowship opportunities in the near future.
A word of caution: Please stay home if you are not feeling well. And if you feel it is in your / your family’s best interest to continue worshipping with us from home, that is okay too.
We want to encourage everyone to extend plenty of grace to all around during this turbulent time. We should always show grace to one another, but especially now as we continue navigating through this pandemic together. The Hebrew author said it best: “…let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near” (Hebrews 10:24-25).
Our mission at Revive Christian Church is to move people closer to the heart of God. We can see this come to fruition through our Front Porch People opening the doors and welcoming others in to experience Jesus, that they may grow in their relationship with Him, and ultimately be inspired and excited to carry His name out to the world.
We believe that by offering two gatherings and our livestream, we will continue moving towards our goal of uniting people in worship, prayer and justice for spiritual awakening in this generation.
We want to use part of Paul’s prayer to the saints in Philippi to encourage the saints at Revive and we look forward to seeing you very soon: “I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ” (Philippians 1:3-6).
–The Revive Christian Church Team
Below are safety protocols that Bismarck Parks & Recreation District are implementing for the High Prairie Arts & Science Complex.
- Smart Restart signs have been placed throughout the facility. These signs include instructions we have all become quite accustomed to: “don’t attend/come to work if you are ill,” “wash your hands,” “practice social distancing” and “avoid unnecessary contact.”
- The water fountains will be closed on the main- and lower levels at this time. If desired, employees and participants should bring a water bottle.
- A sign has been placed on the elevator doors instructing that only one individual or family should be in the elevator at a time.
- BPRD will not be placing restrictions on programs and/or employees. Each facility partner will determine the rules/guidelines to keep employees and participants safe. Each partner will determine if their employees and/or participants are required to wear masks and/or gloves. BPRD’s only expectation is that each partner will follow Governor Doug Burgum’s recommendations (Phases 1, 2 and 3) and executive orders on the number of people in a given area.
- The layout of HPASC fortunately does lend itself to social distancing between partner groups. Gateway to Science and Theo Art School have studio spaces. Safety Village has a teaching space. The small and large theaters are teaching spaces. Each partner will determine how to limit enrollments in their programs. Yes, there will be cases of people arriving/leaving/passing each other at HPASC, but the actual programs offered are fortunately and mostly contained.
- Pride, Inc. will be cleaning HPASC Monday-Friday. Beginning June 1, 2020, Pride will make an additional stop M-F to clean touch-points and do a wipe-down of bathroom surfaces. This will continue through August 21, 2020, and then we will reevaluate.
- Concerning weekend cleaning: we ask for partners’ assistance in maintaining a clean facility. EPA-approved cleaner, clean rags, and a bag for used rags will be on-site in the main- and lower level custodian closets for partner use, should they desire to do any touch-ups in common spaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the front entry kiosk as well as the lower level. This is for any and all to use, but should please remain in those locations. Additional hand sanitizer for programs or events is each individual partner’s responsibility and expense.
- Should a partner’s staff or a program participant be diagnosed with COVID-19, we trust our local health unit and the North Dakota Department of Health to provide guidance on any necessary quarantine- and safety measures. Please know BPRD will continue to monitor this pandemic and provide any additional information as needed.